I started Christmas decorating this weekend which makes me pretty happy in my heart, but I am having a little bit of trouble figuring out how to mix things up from last year. I refuse to buy all new decorations because 1) ain’t nobody got time for that and 2) my bank account won’t allow it. So I need to figure out a way to make stuff I already have look fresh and new! One of the most important areas to decorate is obviously the mantle. Let’s learn from the masters shall we?
This is one of my favorites. It is just so classic and sophisticated. After perusing my Christmas pinterest board, it became apparent that all of the mantles I pinned had some important criteria.
1) Greenery. And not just any greenery. It needs to be lush and not fakey looking. My garland from Ballard fits that criteria just fine.
2) A mirror. Duh. A mantle must.
3) Candles or fire of some sort. So we’ve had this house for two years now and have yet to have a chimney sweep out to clean the chimneys so I can have a fire. Which is stupid. I need to do something about that. I will also have lots of candles.
4) Some art that keeps things from looking too Christmasy and adds interest.
5) Gold and white accents. Always.
I am in need of some simple stockings. Our cat ones from Target just aren’t cutting it anymore (sorry Corey.)
All the candles. All of them.
Here are some pretty items just in case you are in need of mantle assistance as well.
I love that greenery! I’ll have to be on the look out for after Christmas sales so I can stock up for next year!
I have no doubt your mantle sitch with be on point!
I love all of these but especially the second picture where the tree is decorated in white and black ribbon. Such a soothing color palate; it looks sophisticated and elegant and warm at the same time. I can’t wait to see what you do! I love the mix of new and old. Very sophisticated looking. And the simple Christmas decorations are the perfect touch. Jenn at East Meets South
Gorgeous mantels. We don’t have one in our current residence, kind of a bummer it doesn’t!
Carolyn | Blog
Especially liked the one with black and whit ribbon. Can’t wait to decorate mine.
I was looking at inglenooks on google and for some reason it made me think of twodelighted. So I checked out your page and this is the second thing I saw. Funny.
Your vocabulary addiction is getting a little out of control
But thanks anyways for commenting, Petey!