It was a rude awakening when we got back from Seattle on Sunday and were greeted by 100 degree temperatures (coming from 60 degree temperatures). This hot weather is for the birds. I’m so over it. You know what else I’m over? Studying. I am taking the Professional Engineering Exam in late October and am freaking out because google tells me that I’m supposed to study somewhere between 100 and 300 hours to be able to pass and I’ll be lucky if I hit 50. I’m sorry if I have been more lame than usual because I’ve been trying to study 10 hours a week (ha! laughable!) which means more time feeling sorry for myself with my head in a book and less time blogging about pretty things. Also, we are not throwing a big Halloween bash this year. We apologize ahead of time. This is partially due to my anxiety about the exam and partially because we still need to nap from the effort of last year. Next year will be amazing, I promise. And Megan will still decorate her house to high heaven so you have that to look forward to I’m sure.
But let’s move onto fun things shall we? Like all of the fall clothes that I want to wear. Blazers and boots and corduroy. Oh yes, this will all be happening.
1) Are blouses with Peter Pan collars over? I never purchased one and I really love them so I am going to go ahead and not care if the world still likes them because I think they are adorable.
2) I have a major obsession with blazers so I am SO pumped to be able to start wearing them again. My uniform in fall and winter has basically become skinny jeans and blazers and I think this blush number will make a nice addition to my collection.
3) Oh sweaters how I miss you. Big and comfy and soft. This striped cardigan is so lovely but let’s be honest probably too expensive for me to spend on a cardigan. I will just admire from afar.
4) I literally lived in the cognac version of these boots last winter. I’m talking I wore these things 4 times a week easy. I bet these black high heeled boots would look amazing with jeans or a dress.
5) These shoes are amazing. That is all.
6) I was desperate for a pair of corduroy skinnies last winter and never found a pair that I loved. But they just seem so cozy. Maybe a nice navy pair. Or green?
Love cords but they don’t like pet hair! Flats for my shoes. Boo! I enjoy fall also.
Ohhhh fall!!! I can’t wait for crisp air and big sweatshirts and comfies and boots! I wore my riding boots that I got from Target just about every day so don’t feel bad about your boot wearing frequency. I’m super sad there is no Halloween extravaganza this year but yall certainly deserve a break. I planned ahead and decided the only way to ease my sadness was to go see The Avett Brothers in Asheville for Halloween. I think it’s a pretty good compromise 🙂