So we finally put up our Christmas tree this weekend and it is real pretty (but kinda smushed in beside where my table usually goes). I always have this internal debate with myself about when we should get it. Everyone goes right after Thanksgiving. But if we do that, it feels like the tree gets all old and dry and less pretty, which is not what I want to happen. So we wait until a couple of weeks later. But then I start to have anxiety about the fact that I am missing out and everyone else has their tree. Does anyone else go through this or am I just crazycakes? Anyway, so we just put up our tree, but with my attempt to keep things streamlined, I haven’t really done any Christmas crafts yet. Lucky for us, all the other bloggers have been out being geniuses (genii??) so we still get to benefit. Here are some of my most favorite Christmastime crafts from around the interwebs.
1) Love this idea of creating a mini-wreath to spruce up your gifts. Green makes everything better I think.
2) Heather from the Lovely Cupboard made these festive holiday plaques which are fun but still classy.
3) This hanging chalkboard advent calendar from Hank and Hunt combines my most favorite things. Chandelier like properties, chalkboard, and a place to stuff chocolate that I will eat later. Will 100% be making this next year.
4) I’m going to be honest. I don’t think I’m quite capable of carving this genius stag stamp for wrapping purposes like Chelsea from Poppytalk, but I can still ogle the gorgeous images.
5) As always, Ez from Creature Comforts is bringing it with the pretty. These little fabric handle gift bags are such a special touch.
6) I feel certain everyone has seen this mini-tree advent calendar from Oh Happy Day, but it seemed like a crime not to include it. And the little car with the tree on the top? Just stop.
The mini trees and mini wreaths are so cute!!! I’m adding ornaments to my gift this year as a “gift tag”. A new twist on gifts 🙂
i used that little mini-wreath for inspiration in a work project…love it!!! and i am so in love with the stag stamp…definitely one of my favorites 🙂 and…i have definitely been living under a rock, so thanks for featuring the mini tree advent calendar…so clever! ’tis the season for awesome crafting!!! XO brynn
Love these! The wrapping ideas you have here are great – I especially like the wreath on the package.
Isn’t That Charming.
So, about trees. They cut them all down and then they sit at the lot till you buy it. Just cause you take it to your house a week later doesn’t mean it’s fresher. Mom and dad and their late tree ideas have rubbed off on you. 🙂
Fabulous ideas!!! I’ve never seen 6.. but I’m in love.
Obsessed over the wreath / wrapping idea! Love that so so much! BUT that holiday plaque just won my heart… how amazing and EASY! Such a great hostess gift too! About the tree situation, totally understand. We killed our first real tree and got it the week before Thanksgiving! Killed it, SMELLED our condo up like cray, had to unstring the lights, remove the ordis and get a new tree…. our issue was (drum roll please) we didn’t realize you HAD TO water a tree! LOL’s! Since then we’ve had 3 real trees and purchase the day after thanksgiving… our trick is 7up, tree food, and water 2x per day! It lasts and doesn’t dry up… oh and we get our trees at Lowes… not sure if that matters though! xo