I have a big problem. For the last 2 weeks, I have been unable to get a full night’s sleep. I can fall asleep. For about an hour or two. And then I am up tossing and turning for the rest of the night for hours at a time. This is a completely ridiculous situation for me because usually I am a champion sleeper. I can fall asleep just about anywhere. Seriously, one night when I was in college (and not drinking) I fell asleep in the middle of a bar. Not terribly intelligent I realize, but it happened all the same. So this non-sleeping situation has completely thrown me for a loop. As a born problem solver, I am determined to fix this situation. Today I am going out to collect any and all items that I feel may help me sleep. I am willing to try almost anything (within reason). Here are some of my ideas…
1) Chamomile tea
2) Gentle yoga and meditation before bed.
3) Lavender lotion for my skin.
4) Lavender fabric softener for my sheets.
5) Lavender cupcakes for my face (I said I was willing to try anything :))
6) Fans- For coolness and white noise factors
7) New comfy jammies- I don’t know, man, I’m obviously grasping at straws over here.
I need your help, ya’ll, cause I surely am not gonna be able to move any mountains when I’m this tired. Any genius sleep ideas?
Happy Friday! Hope ya’ll have a wonderful and sleep filled weekend.
I’m all for the cupcakes!!! The beautiful night gown too!!!
I remember falling asleep at some bar in Raleigh with you! Classic.
Haha. Lizzie, that was the time I was referring to. Love it. Other chicks were out trying to catch a man and we were trying to catch some zzzzz’s. We’re a mess!
Hey girly – I’ve had similar problems.
Here’s some pointers that have helped me along the way.
– Exercise in the morning
– Only drink water past 5pm
– Jennifer Ann swears by this one… once your jammies are on, teeth are brushed, face is washed do 50 crunches and 25 pushups… good for both the body and mind.
– New pillow
– Read before bed with TV off
Wishing you lots of well rested nights! xo
I’m all about the fan lady friend. I absolutely cannot sleep without a fan on. This new not sleeping thing is very odd because I too have witnessed you fall asleep in various places. You’re like a lil kitty. I think you should also invest in a 15-20 minute night time yoga video. OH! I recently bought some Downy Unstoppables and they make my comforter and sheets smell delightful. I love getting in my bed at night and smelling the unstoppables. Very comforting.
Oh, and whatever happened to the hair dryer on the feet thing??? Doesn’t that help? hahah that cracks me up.